How to Tell if Your Dodge Vehicle Needs a New Battery
If you’ve been experiencing car trouble lately, it could be because your Dodge battery is ready to be replaced. Your battery plays several crucial roles in keeping your car running, including:
- Helping the engine fire up
- Supplying additional current when necessary
- Acting as an electrical reservoir
- Providing energy to the vehicle lighting system
Review the warning signs, and if you experience any of these issues on your Jacksonville commute, it’s time to upgrade your battery.
The Warning Signs Your Battery is at the End of its Life
Of course, if you attempt to start your vehicle and nothing happens, you’re likely having some battery issues. But there are also some subtle telltale signs that can warn you in advance that it’s time to give your battery some extra attention:
- Engine Cranks Slowly: Starting your vehicle takes a lot of power. A weak battery won’t be able to supply enough and could make the vehicle hard to start.
- Warning Lights: Most modern vehicles are equipped with dashboard warning lights that will let you know if it detects low battery power.
- Component Issues: Vehicle components that require electrical power such as windshield wiper motors, power seats, radio, and others, can start acting up if they aren’t getting enough power.
- Swelling: A neglected or damage battery can begin to swell and deform. A sure sign that it needs to be replaced immediately.
- Leakage: Excessive corrosion around the battery posts or gunk in the battery tray could be an indication the battery is leaking and should be replaced right away.
How to Choose a New Battery
Your vehicle owner’s manual will have specific guidelines on the kind of battery your car, SUV, or truck needs for optimum performance. It’s important to note the current battery size, cold cranking amps, and life expectancy top. And of course, if you have any doubts you can always drop by your local service center near Ormond Beach and get advice from a certified technician.
Trust Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM for Dependable Service
If you aren’t sure if the issues with your Dodge vehicle are due to a bad battery, or you just want a certified technician to check out your Dodge Charger, we’re here to help. Schedule your auto service with Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM in Daytona Beach, FL, not far from Orlando, and we’ll take care of you right. Be sure to take advantage of our money-saving coupons and parts specials!
More from Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM
Contact Us If you’ve been experiencing car trouble lately, it could be because your Dodge battery is ready to be replaced. Your battery plays several crucial roles in keeping your car running, including: Helping the engine fire up Supplying additional current when necessary Acting as an electrical reservoir Providing energy to the vehicle lighting system…
Contact Us If you’re thinking about taking an off-road adventure near Jacksonville or Ormond Beach, there are a few things you need to do to get your truck ready. Here are a few things to keep in mind to make sure your off-roading explorations don’t leave you stuck in the mud: Check your clearance. A low-riding…
ServiceParts Mopar Vehicle Protection is just what it sounds like: added peace of mind for your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM vehicle and parts. From work in Orlando to dance recitals in Jacksonville, and grocery stores or doctors’ visits in Ormond Beach, Mopar Vehicle Protection keeps you going with a variety of plans that complement your warranty and fit into…
Contact Us The 2018 RAM lineup includes a range heavy-duty pickup trucks with the power, utility, and performance to handle all your personal and commercial needs in Ormond and beyond. Find out which RAM truck suits you with this rundown of the RAM 1500, RAM 2500, and RAM 3500 models available from Daytona CDJR Fiat….
View 2019 InventoryContact Us Released just last month, the 2019 RAM 1500 is completely redesigned from the 2018 RAM 1500 and comes with several significant changes including: A Hybrid Option Exterior Design Changes Larger infotainment Screen Port Orange drivers can finally get behind the wheel of the new RAM 1500 and see the updated in…
Schedule Oil ChangeService Coupons Whether you’re the owner of a shiny new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM or a used vehicle of some other make and model, getting your oil changed is one of the most important responsibilities you have as the owner of a vehicle. The rule of thumb used to be to get your oil changed every…